These cookies may be divided into two sets: ones we set and ones that third parties set. Here are some examples.
The cookies we set
This site offers newsletter email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users. These cookies will usually be deleted when you log out however in some cases they may remain afterwards to remember your site preferences when logged out.
Third party cookies
Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube (Google), will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy/cookie policies.
To give or withdraw consent to cookies, please use the cookie dashboard on our site or adjust your browser settings.
There are different browsers and manufacturers upgrade them frequently. The best way to get the right instructions is to go to the manufacturer’s support page. The following support/privacy pages (for some of the more common browsers) are correct as at April 2021.
- For Chrome, please see Google’s support page here: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- For Internet Explorer, please see Microsoft’s support page here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- For Edge, please see Microsoft’s privacy page here: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- For Firefox, please see Mozilla’s support page here: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- For Safari, please see Apple’s support page here for Macs: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri47acf5d6/mac and here for mobile devices: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265.
If you have problems with these pages, can’t see individual cookies, or want to find out more about how cookies are handled within your browser, please go to the manufacturer’s site and search for the browser name and your cookie query.