Head of People and Development
We are looking for an experienced Head of People and Development to assist with our rapidly growing collection of inns.
To create, implement and lead the HR Function.
To design the HR Strategy alongside business leaders, implementing and delivering processes and programmes that attract, retain and develop great people.
To create, implement and lead a learning and development strategy alongside business leaders to include in house training, knowledge sharing, a graduate scheme and a leadership development programme.
To be responsible for the management of fair employee relations across the organisation.
Strategic Management – To contribute to the strategic management and direction of The Inn Collection Group by developing and implementing an effective and commercially focused HR and Development Strategies .
Staff Management – Initially this will be a ‘stand-alone’ role within the organisation but with some possible scope for expansion of the function should this be required with the growth of the business.
To represent the HR function with consistency and professionalism and promote and champion the organisation’s culture and values.
To become embedded with Senior Management teams and the Operations Team influencing them relating to the best course of action.
To provide Employee Relations advice specifically relating to TUPE, Grievance, Disciplinary, Attendance Management and Capability Management. To coach and mentor General Managers and the Operations Managers to enable them to confidently manage non-complex Employee Relations case work. Ensuring legal compliance is met is all HR activities.
To be the key point of contact and to manage relationships with key HR stakeholders including the outsourced payroll provider and the Company’s solicitors.
To establish and manage a range of HR and learning and development functions including Policy Review and Development, HR Projects, Change Management, Recruitment and Equalities.
To coordinate remuneration and advice business leaders on staff salaries and organisation structure, including external benchmarking.
To champion a performance culture and continuously review productivity and employee development making recommendations for improvements.
To challenge business leaders where appropriate and suggest alternative approaches and solutions and to have difficult conversations where necessary.
To be innovative, creative and to create an environment where working and learning with the Inn Collection Group is fun.
To control the HR Budget and maintain the HR Information System, the ICG App and Company’s Learning Pathway.
To communicate to all employees and keep them informed of key organisational issues and HR policies
- To carry out any other tasks that will, from time to time be allocated by the Managing Director on an ad hoc or continuing basis, commensurate with the general level of responsibility of the post.
- Be capable of demonstrating an ability to build strong collaborative relationships.
- Be able to problem solve and demonstrate operational and strategic skills
- To possess excellent communication skills at all levels within the business and with third party stakeholders
- Have professional and competent presentation skills.
- Ideally have experience gained within a customer driven environment where customer service is a high priority.
- Have ability to be able to grow the role and function as the business grows in size.
- Have experience of working in organisations experiencing exponential growth.
- Have experience supporting both small and very large organisations from a HR perspective
- Have at least 5 years Employee Relations Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations or Law Degree or associated relevant degree.
- Full Member of the CIPD, with evidence of continuous professional development
- Can demonstrate commercial acumen
- Have solid UK Employment Law knowledge and proven experience of applying updated legislation to a variety of HR situations
- Familiarity of managing TUPE situations
In return, we offer a competitive salary package and great career prospects. A full Job Description is attached. The position is full time, permanent and based at Head Office in Alnwick, Northumberland. Flexibility to travel to sites across North of England on a regular basis is a requirement. For more information or to apply, please send a comprehensive cover letter and CV to [email protected].