Accounts Assistant – Reconciliation
Come and join our finance department, working in a close knit team. The company is expanding and as such we need more brilliant people to join our team.
We are looking for someone to work across all of our internal finance teams to complete reconciliations and to manage aspects of the balance sheet, playing a key role in the control of the balance sheet.
The role will involve:
- Maintaining the fixed asset register across all companies, as well as looking into implementation of a more digital system to manage the fixed assets
- Payroll reconciliations – net wages, PAYE/NI, attachment of earnings, pensions
- Bank reconciliations
- Purchase account reconciliations
- Reconciliation of PDQ, online and other methods of payments
- Monitoring the intercompany balances and ensuring they balance each month
- Various other balance sheet account reconciliations as needed
- Problem solving when variances arise
- Other ad hoc duties as required
- Accounting knowledge, preferably with AAT or a similar qualification
- Good communication skills
- Ability to use own initiative and problem solve
- Reconciliation experience
- Organised and manage time well
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Knowledge of Sage 200
This position would ideally be for someone wanting a full time position (35 hour working week), but we are open to discussion for the right candidate. It is working in our Head Office in Alnwick, with a salary between £20 – £24k , dependent on experience.
Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter to [email protected]